Job Title: Administrative Office Assistant/Front Desk
Position: Non-Exempt (Full Time and Part Time Option)
Reports To: IL Program Director
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Wages: Salary commensurate with experience and education
Benefits: 16 paid holidays, 15 days paid time off, plus more
Forward Resume: HR@abilityindiana.org
accessABILITY is an Indianapolis based non-profit dedicated to assisting people with disabilities exercise their right to establish and maintain control over their lives. We provide individual consumers, governmental agencies, corporations and other non-profits with the tools necessary to ensure the acceptance, respect and inclusion of everyone. We maximize the independence of individuals with disabilities through advocacy, peer support, independent living skills training, information and referral, and deinstitutionalization. The result is that our communities are enriched through the full participation of all people.
This position provides organizational administrative support for accessABILITY
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Greet and assist employees, visitors, consumers, and professionals
- Retrieve messages from main phone line and email, routing messages as appropriate
- Complete deposit slips and deliver to Executive Director; review, check, and invoice documentation and mail checks after Executive Director/CEO has signed
- Order, document, file, and distribute assistive technology orders for consumers
- Provide support and coordination for special projects such as meetings, vendor issues, printing/collating of marketing materials, setting up conference calls and videoconferences
- Accurately perform data entry and organize and maintain databases as assigned
- Answer telephone, route calls or take messages while being respectful and enhancing the image of accessABILITY
- Ability to work collaborate, interact and present a professional image with diverse populations and professions
- Strong organizational skills with ability to balance multiple tasks, prioritize work effectively and use judgement and discretion in decision making
- Self-starter; Individualized drive and passion to pursue projects on their own
- Display outstanding communication skills; write clearly and informatively, interpret and communicate written information accurately
- Experience in Administrative or Receptionist duties
- Competency in technology and Microsoft Office
- Prefer a qualified person with a disability
- Working knowledge of regulations and legislation impacting people with disabilities, housing, and of housing agencies and services in accessABILITY’s service area
More information is available at www.abilityindiana.org. Those considering applying for this position are encouraged to review the job description and agency information located on the website.
The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, protects the right of people with disabilities to equal employment opportunities. Arrangements will be made if you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation in completing any part of the employment process. A request for an accommodation will not affect your opportunity for employment. To request a reasonable accommodation, contact the Human Relations Department at: HR@abilityindiana.org or call 317-926-1660.
accessABILITY is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
People with disabilities are given hiring preferences.
People from racial/cultural minority groups and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.