Job Title: Director of Programs & Assessment
Position: Non-Exempt FT or PT (based on 37.5 hours/work)
Reports To: CEO
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Wages: Salary commensurate with experience and education
Benefits: 16 paid holidays, 15 days paid time off, plus more
Forward Resume: firstname.lastname@example.org
accessABILITY advocates on behalf of all people with disabilities to exercise their rights to establish and maintain control over their lives. We are a nonprofit organization dedicated to assisting people with disabilities in their own personal journey to independence. As a disability led-organization, we know that no two journeys are ever the same.
The Director of Programs & Assessment (DPA) is primarily responsible for supervising, training, and evaluating all direct independent living program staff and programming.
This position requires a motivational leader responsible for ensuring people with disabilities receive high quality appropriate services which will enable them to live more independently in the community. In addition, this role requires clear commitment to the Independent Living (IL) philosophy.
As a member of the Leadership Team, the DPA is charged with creating and implementing the agency’s short and long-term strategic goals through innovative thinking and team building.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Supervise all IL program direct service staff in accordance with aA policies, procedures, and applicable law
- Develop and maintain a positive collaborative environment to promote team and individual engagement
- Manage the delivery of all aA independent living services
- Manage the assessment metrics and assessment reporting of all direct IL program service staff
- Monitor consumer records to ensure high quality service delivery
- Assist in developing and implementing special program and service projects
- Produce periodic progress reports and statistical data, as requested by funding sources and aA leadership
- Create and compile outcomes-based evaluation data and evaluate independent living programs
- Conduct recruitment and interviewing activities, and make hiring recommendations for all vacant independent living program direct service staff positions
- Provide orientation for new IL program staff, and provide/coordinate ongoing training for IL program staff
- Practice high levels of confidentiality
- Represent aA at various community functions and meetings
- Conduct public education and awareness activities
- Assist in promoting fee generating services
- Maintain positive relationships with consumers, community service agencies, government entities, and other professionals
- Team tasks; i.e., team meetings, retreats
- Proven success in meeting and exceeding outcome-based goals
- Ability to connect with others and forge strong relationships in a managerial role
- Ability to analyze data and formulate successful solutions
- Organize, prioritize, and creatively problem solve to effectively meet the needs of the organization
- Display outstanding communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in human services or related field and significant experience with disability issues
- High competency in Microsoft Office
- A minimum of three years of supervisory/management experience, preferably in a nonprofit agency working with people with disabilities or related services
- Preference will be given to candidates who identify as a person with a disability
- Working knowledge of program(s), such as Medicare, Medicaid, Money Follows the Person, HUD Housing, etc.
- Personal experience with a disability
- System advocacy experience
The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, protects the right of people with disabilities to equal employment opportunities. Arrangements will be made if you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation in completing any part of the employment process. A request for an accommodation will not affect your opportunity for employment. To request a reasonable accommodation, contact the Human Relations department at: HR@abilityindiana.org or call 317-926-1660.
accessABILITY is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
People with disabilities are given hiring preference.
People from racial/cultural minority groups and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.