Job Title: Digital Engagement Coordinator
Position: Non-Exempt (Full Time and Part Time Option)
Reports To: Director of Community Engagement
Location: Hybrid – Indianapolis, IN
Benefits: 16 paid holidays, 15 days paid time off, plus more
Forward Resume: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Mission: To empower our peers with disabilities to lead and control independent lives fully included in community life.
AccessABILITY advocates with and empowers all people with disabilities through supports and services, free of charge in Central Indiana. We maximize the independence of individuals with disabilities through advocacy, peer support, independent living skills training, information and referral, and deinstitutionalization. We provide individual consumers, governmental agencies, corporations, and other non-profits with the tools necessary to ensure the acceptance, respect, and inclusion of everyone. The result is that our communities are enriched through the full participation of all people.
AccessABILITY values Inclusiveness (celebrating differences, welcoming authenticity),
Compassion (caring and empathy in action), Independence (practicing self-reliance),
Trust (acting with integrity to inspire confidence), and Resourcefulness (seeking innovative solutions).
To be a successful candidate for the accessABILITY team, you must believe in and have a commitment to improving community integration with people with disabilities.
The agency strives to maintain high expectations for the quality of services provided to consumers.
Working closely with the Director of Community Engagement, the Digital Engagement
Coordinator will work to develop creative content for website and social media as well as cultivate relationships with diverse organizations and communities, through marketing campaigns, meetings, events, presentations, and other activities as identified. Additional responsibilities include researching potential connection opportunities, identifying relevant programming, and other communications and marketing development in order to increase the visibility of the organization.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Oversee the content creation and management for website, social media, presentations, print materials, and videos.
- Assist in the development and implementation of quarterly fundraising campaigns.
- Administration of donor management system
- Assist in making connections and fostering relationships.
- Research potential organizations and events to connect.
- Assist in planning and leading presentations and meetings.
- Attend outreach events as identified with supervisor, including evening and weekend events.
- Manage event schedules and associated supporting materials for events.
- Facilitate one ongoing support group.
- Treat consumers with dignity and respect.
- Practice high levels of confidentiality.
- Organize, prioritize and creatively problem solve to effectively meet the needs of the organization and its consumers.
- Collaborate, interact, and represent the agency with diverse populations and professions for the benefit of consumers.
- Tasks may include assisting with office duties such as answering phone, and filing, reporting, attending team meetings, etc.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Display outstanding communication skills – written, oral and digital communications.
- Comfortable with public speaking and presenting to various sized groups.
- Demonstrate a desire to learn and be proactive.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision in a diverse hybrid work environment.
- Must be able to travel within the service area, and if driving own vehicle, present valid Indiana driver’s license and insurance coverage.
- Social media experience.
- Proficient in Adobe Suite.
- High competency in Microsoft Office.
- Experience in communications, marketing, or graphic design.
- Demonstrated commitment to the philosophy of independent living, including consumer control, peer support, self-determination, equal access and individual and systems advocacy.
- Prefer a qualified person with a disability
- Graphic design experience
- Working knowledge of regulations and legislation impacting people with disabilities, housing, and of housing agencies and services in accessABILITY’s service area.
More information is available at www.abilityindiana.org. Those considering applying for this position are encouraged to review the job description and agency information located on the website.
The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, protects the right of people with disabilities to equal employment opportunities. Arrangements will be made if you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation in completing any part of the employment process. A request for an accommodation will not affect your opportunity for employment. To request a reasonable accommodation, contact the Director of Community Engagement at email@example.com or call 317-926-1660.
accessABILITY is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
People with disabilities are given hiring preferences.
People from racial/cultural minority groups and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.