A few updates and reminders:
- Don’t forget this is a new email for me. (YAC@abilityindiana.org) My old firstname.lastname@example.org email is deactivated.
- My phone number is still the same 317-626-2388.
- YAC meets on the Second Saturday of every month through the end of 2018. (All meetings are at accessABILITY unless otherwise noted via email or text from me.)
September 8, 2018 6:30 to 8:30 PM
October 13, 2018 6:30 to 8:30 PM
November 10, 2018 6:30 to 8:30 PM
December 8, 2018 6:30 to 8:30 PM
- We are currently recruiting for YAC! If you have a friend or classmate with a disability who you think would enjoy being a part of YAC, please feel free to invite them along to a meeting! Just let me know at least a few days in advance so we can plan for food/etc. OR you can have them email/call to learn more. Remember, people (ages 16-26) who want to join YAC can request to do an in-person informational meeting about YAC, or they can choose to fill out the paper form if they want to join.
This week will be:
- Identifying opportunities for social events. (Don’t let me forget to mention the Irvington Halloween Festival.)
- Identifying ways for you to meet the rest of accessABILITY’s staff.
- Continuing development of recruitment materials/ideas to attract new members.
- Reviewing the educational advocacy work you want to do.
- Eating hamburgers, hotdogs, fries, etc.
Looking forward to seeing all of you!